Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I should tell you my education goals.

Just so you know them.

First off I intend to attain an Associate of Arts at Highline Community College. Get all the redundant stuff done (same education, better price). The emphases (notice the plural) will be in Architecture (mainly drafting and the study of), and Music (general studies). That'll take about three or four more years to pull that off depending on the amount of classes I take each quarter. From there I would like to go to the University of Washington's College of Architecture and Urban Planning to gain a Bachelor in Architecture. And from there I intend on going for a Master of Architecture (and all three designations). That there is about seven years of schooling on its own. But wait! There's more! I intend from there to gain a Doctor of Architecture from the same school. One Doctorate down (yes, one).

When I complete that tract of schooling around my thirties (yes, I'll be old). I intend on going to Central Washington University (or Western) to gain a Bachelor of Music (probably in Theory or Education). There's another couple years of study on my record. Again, there's more. I would like to get a Master of Music as well. Another few years of study. Preferably at Central. From there I'll find a school that fits (probably the UW) and offers (you guessed it) the other Doctorate, but this time in Music. This will be around my late thirties, early forties, depending.

I'll be old and educated in my chosen fields of study. The latter degrees paid for by the work of the former (because everyone wants to get paid). This is my educational goals for the next twenty years. Long time you say? Fuck yeah, but it's what I'm going to do.

No comments: